ShowStarters for Thursday Jan. 24th, 2013
- Neil Diamond turns 72
- Ed Helms from The Office is 38
- Olympian Mary Lou Retton turns 45
Today is Compliment Day!
CBS: All reruns
NBC: 30 Rock is new followed by all new Parks and Rec, THe Office, 1600 Penn and Rock Center
FOX: American Idol and Glee are new
CW: The Vampire Diaries are new along with Beauty and the Beast
- TLC's "Creep" (1995)
- Mariah Carey and Boys II Men "One Sweet Day" (1996)
- Rihanna/Calvin Harris "We Found Love" (2012)
"Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
His wife got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all the beer.
Temps around the nation have been a tad cool lately. So cold that doctors are warning to be wary of frostbite and hypothermia. Both can sneak up on you if not careful. Here's how you know frostbite has set in:
- Starts with a burning sensation and redness
- Progresses to numbness and tingling
- Skin may look white or gray
- You feel 'clumsy'
Hypothermia (low body temp):
- You feel tremors or shakes
- Difficulty using hands
- Feeling confused
How to avoid frostbite and hypothermia
- Dress warm, but in layers. Take off clothes if you feel yourself sweating.
- Keep your face and fingers covered -- those are the first parts affected by frostbite
- Wear a hat
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Avoid metal or water
Don't get your tongue stuck...
6 passive aggressive phrases to avoid
Check out these 6 phrases... how many times have they been uttered by you?
- "Fine, Whatever!"
- "I'm NOT angry!"
- "I didn't realize you wanted it done now"
- "I didn't know you wanted it done like that"
- "Can't you take a joke?"
- "I'm just saying"
Hey old lady!
Wednesdays are the WORST days of the week for a lunch date. Experts say that women look their oldest at 3:30pm every Wednesday. 12% of women say their most stressful day of the week is Wednesday. But things are a-okay once you get past Wednesday, life is good. Researchers say that Thursday is the day women are most likely to have sex, which may explain why women are at their happiest on Friday. 60% of women say Friday is their happiest day of the week.